Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Malachi

3:10

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

Have you ever read this passage from the Bible?  What does it mean to you?  My brother and I had a discussion about this a long time ago to figure out if this had any merit.  We felt that it did.  I remember periods in my life when I was not financially secure and would give less and less to God because of it.  However the less I gave the less I received.  Oddly enough, even when I don't think I have a lot, if I give more to God, the more I receive.  This past year I have been doing a lot of things pro bono.  And in return I have been given a lot of things for free.  At times, it doesn't make sense.  I remember my brother telling me that when he donated money to Salvation Army that things always went smoother for him but during a period when he stopped, then a bunch of little things made his life more difficult.  I have to agree.  The more I donate, the more easier life seems.  And when I don't, I have expenses cropping up out of nowhere.  This is a direct challenge from God.  Are you up for the challenge?  It's very much like paying it forward.  And what goes around comes around.