Friday, April 28, 2017

Think Outside the Box

Live Outside the Box


Daily living
includes working
in a cube
slaving away
to live a life
you think
worth living.
But is it
worth living?
Or is it
actually
dying
a slow death
losing
your health
and elevating
your blood pressure?
Money doesn't
make you happy.
It can't...
It's not alive.
It can't love you.
Where do
you spend
your time?
That is where
your heart is...
What do you see
inside your heart?
Does it make
you sad?
Or does it make
you glad?
Tick tock...
Tick tock...
Life is going,
going, gone!
So soon!
Don't regret
anything!

@JoSH Poetic Popcorn Poetry

Sometimes in life circumstances change your life that make you look at life differently.  I had worked for years at a place that never really resonated with me due to the petty and dysfunctional behavior found in that corporate culture.  Now my life looks very different but I don't have trouble sleeping or living my life and I get to do things I want to do.

I remember thinking when I was younger why should I wait till I retire to do all the things I want to do because by then I would be too old and possibly decrepit, you never know?  Right?  Or I might die before retirement...  So I traveled and worked in different places and got to experience life in different parts of the country and meet people from other places as well.  I feel that the more people you meet the more your outlook broadens.

Looking back now on that part of my life I am glad that I got to travel and do those things when I was younger because I have my memories to look back on and I got to travel in my younger days with my younger self.  What surprises me now is that being older I can still do a lot but my outlook is different.  You think as you get older you slow down and begin to fall apart and sometimes you can't do the things you want to do but then you realize that you still got it.  And you have all that experience behind you now.  I'm sure financial planners look at my life and freak out because for me safety and security is living one day at a time.  God has brought me thus far so I feel I am in good hands.  You know?