Monday, May 13, 2024

John

Pergamos

This message is from him who wields the sharp and double-bladed sword. 13 I am fully aware that you live in the city where Satan’s throne is, at the center of satanic worship; and yet you have remained loyal to me and refused to deny me even when Antipas, my faithful witness, was martyred among you by Satan’s devotees.

14 “And yet I have a few things against you. You tolerate some among you who do as Balaam did when he taught Balak how to ruin the people of Israel by involving them in sexual sin and encouraging them to go to idol feasts. 15 Yes, you have some of these very same followers of Balaam[d] among you!

16 Change your mind and attitude, or else I will come to you suddenly and fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

17 “Let everyone who can hear, listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches: Everyone who is victorious shall eat of the hidden manna, the secret nourishment from heaven; and I will give to each a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one else knows except the one receiving it.

Sometimes we do something that pleases God and then again we do something that infuriates him...  Could you imagine living in the city where you know who resides?  Do you think it would be harder to live a life that is pleasing with the tempter in close confines?