Tuesday, June 11, 2024

John

Sardis

“This message is sent to you by the one who has the sevenfold Spirit[f] of God and the seven stars.

“I know your reputation as a live and active church, but you are dead. Now wake up! Strengthen what little remains—for even what is left is at the point of death. Your deeds are far from right in the sight of God. Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly and turn to me again. Unless you do, I will come suddenly upon you, unexpected as a thief, and punish you.

“Yet even there in Sardis some haven’t soiled their garments with the world’s filth; they shall walk with me in white, for they are worthy. Everyone who conquers will be clothed in white, and I will not erase his name from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my Father and his angels that he is mine.

“Let all who can hear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches.

What are the stars?  Are they angels?  More specifically they are the angels of the seven churches...  Is your church dead or alive?  Does it matter?  What if your life depended on it?  Then would it matter to you?  Unfortunately it matters a lot because if you don't know what this means then you are going to regret it for an eternity...  Or prove yourself in the tribulation to come...