Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Memories

The Lost Can Be Found


What have you lost?
What have you found?
During your life travels
around the world and back.

Does your mind wander 
and go over yesteryear
thinking why did I do that?
Or what did I do?

Or do you think back 
and smile
thinking
I wouldn't change a thing...

Because if it wasn't for
these happenings.
I wouldn't be 
who I am today!

There's something to be said
for character building
and tough times 
gotten through!

You especially value
the best of your friends
and family members who
stick by you.

Especially when you need them the most.
Otherwise it's time to say 
Good-bye!  
I never knew you then!

@JoSH Poetic Popcorn Poetry

I stopped at the library tonight to say "Hi!" to another writing group that I found a while back.  It was good seeing everyone.  I must say, since I decided to hoof it and take two intensive summer classes during a shorter semester, it has definitely put a crimp in my social activities.  However I do see a light coming up soon!  Lots to catch up on!  And work has been busy too!