Thursday, October 23, 2014

Dr Charles Stanley

A book signing...


"To have God speak to the heart is a majestic experience, an experience that people may miss if they monopolize the conversation and never pause to hear God's responses."

This is a great quote by Charles Stanley.  Have you ever wanted to meet an author so much that you would be willing to drive hours just to meet him?  Well last year I heard that Charles Stanley was going to be in Indiana for a book signing so I drove out for a day trip with my then-boyfriend and camped out at a local bookstore so I could meet Charles Stanley in person.  It was quite the wait and worth it.  I ended up sitting on the floor with others who were waiting to meet him and got to meet a number of the people in line.  One lady was kind enough to share her fan with me as it was getting hot with so many people gathered in one place.  When Charles Stanley walked in you could just feel the energy.