Sunday, September 30, 2018

Louisa May Alcott

Little Women


This book is an enjoyable classic.  It is a long book but that still did not keep me from reading it several times through when I was younger.  Recently a movie came out with a modern twist.

The story is about four sisters who interfere and rejoice in each others lives when the moments appear.  One of the sisters is Jo March who is a writer.  Writers are a special breed because they live to write even when that means they are not making money from it.  Think of starving artists...  Many writers struggled for years before they became bestsellers.  Jo March is also a tomboy.  I identify with her because I was a tomboy when I was younger.  I used to hang out with my brother and his friends.  We used to have a lot of fun playing outdoor sports.  I think it took me a long time to grow up.  I would have liked remaining a kid forever.