Friday, February 20, 2015

A Kiddie Poem

Kids at Play


A little baby toddler
crawling all
over the floor
gets jumped on by
his big sister
who's boisterous
to her core.

As he crawls through
his caterpillar tunnel
his sister plays
peekaboo
while I sit
on the couch
watching their silly maze.

I like to
hear their laughter.
I like to
see them play.
I have to
watch so carefully
that toddler doesn't go.

Oh no!
Big sis jumped
on him again.
My job is
to make sure
he doesn't feel
any type of pain.

@JoSH Poetic Popcorn Poetry

This poem is dedicated to someone who is like a sister to me.  I sometimes watch her kid(s) for her so she and her hubby can go out to play since all parents deserve a night out.  Her kids are adorable.  So cute!  I feel like her little son is the guy in my life.  It's funny but my most memorable marriage proposal was from a kid.  And another friend's son whispered to his mom if he could invite me to spend the night.  Kids say the darndest things!