Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Tom Gaskins

"I forgive, but I also learn a lesson.  I won't hate you, but I'll never get close enough for you to hurt me again.  I can't let my forgiveness become foolishness."


This resonates with me on so many levels because even the Bible teaches that we are to forgive but it doesn't mean that we have to be in relationship with the people that have hurt us.  God doesn't say that we have to be in relationship with people who abuse us.

I think its enlightening to see the lengths that people will go to protect themselves and the lies they tell.  I remember working for this woman years ago who would get on my case for the stupidest littlest things.  She actually was planning to write me up because she said my stapler was too loud.  I remember asking her is she was prejudiced against Asians.  Do you know what her response was?   Her boss put me on a one-time notice for asking that question.  Now this was the same boss that she said had been harassing her however she cried the day he got fired.  And I remember watching her talking to him one day in a meeting.  She stooped down and looked up at him and it didn't look to me like he had been harassing her.  However who is to say what indiscretions this woman was hiding.  She was married.  He was married.  But to other people.  She was blonde and he was African-American.  But for him to do what he did to me, she had to have meant something to him.  An indiscretion of the heart starts to unravel the soul.  They say you reap what you sow and this man and woman will one day see the destruction of their unjust actions.  If a baby results from an interracial affair then it has to die or the lie will be found out.